Do good for yourself while doing good for others
Do good for yourself while doing good for others.
1. Clean out your pantry of canned goods, pastas, rice, beans, and unopened or gifted spices and take it to your local food pantry or church.
2. Gather all travel size toiletries, body lotions and soaps you have an abundance of and give it to a women's shelter near you.
3. Did you get new clothes you can’t wait to wear in the new year? Is your closet full of clothes you’ve had since high school? This is a good time to organize, spruce up and create some space in your closet. Donate the too small, too big, too “not me” anymore clothes to Goodwill, Salvation Army, your church, thrift store or consignment store.
4. Save your cans/bottles and hand it to the homeless person you see everyday. They can take it to a recycling center in the State Bros parking lot or by Sundowners and get a few bucks for it.
5. Are you motivated to lose a few or more pounds this coming new year? Commit to walking around the block. For every mile you walk in the next 30 days, donate the total miles you walked in that dollar amount to your local charity like St. Vincent de Paul of Fontana Rialto.